Accidents happen in a moment, and that moment can change a life forever. Work injuries have devastating impact on the injured, their families, their coworkers and the company.
As someone who has personally borne witness to the impact of work injuries, Safety Diligence’s founder, Veronica Vito, is determined to help organizations keep their employees safe. In her years working as a Certified Safety Professional, she also clearly understands the impact a strong health and safety program has on a company’s bottom line.
Safety Diligence was founded in 1990 with the goal to help small and medium sized businesses in Ontario affordably and effectively achieve – and then maintain – regulatory compliance. By reducing risk and injuries, the overall financial position of clients is tangibly improved through increased productivity, reduced WSIB expenses, and better employee morale from confidence in a safe and healthy workplace.
Working with clients across a diverse range of sectors (Retail, Wholesale, Vehicle Sales & Service, Manufacturing, Construction, Landscaping, Printing, Pharmaceutical, Marinas, Government Safety Agencies and more), Safety Diligence’s in-depth and varied experience can be applied to most businesses. A sampling of projects:
- Assessing and managing risk
- HSE Management Systems including policies and procedures
- Acting as the owner’s safety representative at project meetings
- Performing contractor pre-qualification and safety program reviews
- Reviewing site specific safety programs
- Auditing contractor site safety performance as per company policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act [link] and COR Auditing for Construction [link]
- Application and Completion of permits
- Developing and implementing a site-specific audit tool using the OHSA and regulations, WSIB and good industry practices as guidelines
- Organizing and managing training, including web-based, classroom and on-the-job (OTJ) or site-specific demonstrations
- Accident, Incident Investigation & Corrective Action Management, Modified Work and Return to Work programs
The following are areas she works with as needed:
- assessing the workplace for hazards and compliance issues with the Ministry of Labour (MOL), including remedies for orders given.
- creating or updating safety program to be specific to the operation as needed
- working with or creating the Joint Health & Safety Committee to be efficient and effective
- writing custom policies and procedures that pertain to the workplace
- training staff with an eye toward employees taking responsibility for their own safety
- keeping Management and the JHSC up to date on the ever-changing obligations to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and the Ontario Ministry of Labour (MOL).
Serving small and midsized businesses in the GTA and north through the Georgian Triangle